What is Prospect Riding Center?
Prospect Riding Center (PRC) is a 501c3 located in Myakka City, Florida. PRC brings horses and riders together for a unique therapy opportunity. With our dedicated and experienced volunteers, helmed by the hands-on involvement of our founder Susan Tambone, we deliver the best in Equine Therapy. PRC provides therapy to children and adults with a wide range of physical, mental, and emotional disabilities. We established our “Blazin’ Trails” scholarship fund to help offset the cost of lessons for our financially burdened riders and their families. Each $100 donation received provides the opportunity for those otherwise unable to access our horsebackriding. A fun way to provide for this scholarship and our other programs is through our annual fundraisers.
- PATH International Member Center
- Excellent therapist/volunteer to rider ratio
- Team building through grooming
- Equine interaction to build human/animal bond
- Activities that build confidence
- Mastering confidence through horsemanship
Coordinating brain and body movement, while nurturing independence and responsibility. Building effective communication skills through active listening.
What is “Blazin’ Trails” for Prospect Riding Center?
- Our Annual Trail Ride Fundraiser November 11th, 2017
- A FUN day for all ages as rider families and the entire community gather together
- A day our riders look forward to because they go on a trail ride outside or our Arenas! A fun treat!
- Held at Blackbeard’s Ranch, 15800 Cocker Gully Road, Myakka City, FL 34251, it is a chance to spend a day outdoors in a beautiful and peaceful place.
How Can YOU Help?
- Create or Join a Rider Team to raise funds to support a rider and their horse
- Donate to a Rider’s Fundraising webpage
- Volunteer the day of the event
- Join in the Day! Bring your friends and family!
What is PRC’s Mission?
Prospect Riding Center offers Therapeutic and Recreational Directed equine activities, for enhanced well being, to those with special needs. Welcoming the extended family, care givers and service providers to participate.
“Not only a difference for a day but for a lifetime.”