How to Fundraise-Your Rider is Counting on You!
- Set a goal for your team and for yourself. Our riders need to raise a minimum of $100 for their trail ride, but your goal could be even higher!
- Make a list of those who can help you reach your goal. Include relatives, neighbors, business associates, club members, etc. Most people will give if asked!
- Get to know your rider and their family. Watch their lessons, take pictures, and learn fun stories about them to share with your potential donors.
- Personally make the first donation on your pledge form. Subsequent contributions will follow suit!
- Be genuine when asking for donations-know the “who, what, where, and why.”
- Ask the members of your team to divide and conquer. Different work places, churches, community groups, and hobbies lead to more ground covered.
Here are some easy ways to FUNdraise
- Challenge another department at work to see which can raise the most money.
- Plan bake sales and car washes with your fellow team members.
- Sell candy bars at your desk.
- Host a casual day at work with proceeds supporting the team.
- Have a picnic at Prospect Riding Center; invite your friends and family. Take donations at the event! Everyone will be able to see their dollars at work!
- Team up with a local restaurant to do profit sharing for a day!
How to raise $100 in 10 days:
Day 1 Put in your own $10 $10
Day 2 Ask your significant other for $10 $20
Day 3 Ask your boss for $10 $30
Day 4 Ask a co-worker for $10 $40
Day 5 Ask a friend for $10 $50
Day 6 Ask your neighbor for $10 $60
Day 7 Ask a classmate or club member for $10 $70
Day 8 Ask your doctor for $10 $80
Day 9 Ask another co-worker for $10 $90
Day 10 Ask another relative for $10 $100
How to raise $500 in 10 days:
Day 1 Put in your own $25 $25
Day 2 Ask 2 merchants to donate $15 $55
Day 3 Ask 4 family members for $25 each $155
Day 4 Ask 4 friends to donate $25 each $255
Day 5 Ask 2 of your doctors to donate $25 each $305
Day 6 Ask 2 co-workers for $10 each $325
Day 7 Ask 3 neighbors for $15 each $375
Day 8 Ask 3 church/temple members for $10 $400
Day 9 Ask another 3 friends for $25 each $475
Day 10 Ask your supervisor for $25 $500